The work of House of Hope is totally dependent on God, our volunteers, and our donors.
You can volunteer your time and talents to help us in our effort to bring hope to teens and their families. To learn more about opportunities to volunteer, please contact Breann Martin at (417) 624-4833 or email her here.
You can commit to a monthly contribution or make a one-time donation that will help us to provide services to teens and their families – regardless of their financial situations. Your donation will also allow us to provide services to teens and families involved with state agencies that are unable to share the Gospel. If you have questions about ways you can support House of Hope, contact Rachel Yount, our Development Director. You can email her here.
Here are some of the simple ways that you can give:
- Give online
Through PayPal, you may donate a one-time gift or choose to donate on a regular basis that fits your payment preference. To donate on-line please click on the link below:
- Donate stock or get a matching gift from your employer
We love stock donations and have a financial planner who will handle the transaction for free. Matching gifts depend on the stipulations of your employer. Please check with your HR department or contact House of Hope for more information on matching gifts.
- Purchase or donate and item that House of Hope Joplin is needing. HOH has an ongoing needs list of things that you and your family can partner with us to provide for this students. Click here to see our HOHJ Needs List.
- What other ways can I support House of Hope?
We are always looking to spread the word about House of Hope. Please consider inviting us to speak at your church, Sunday school class, book club, or civic group. You could also host a tea or dessert party to share with your friends the mission of House of Hope.
You can join us in praying for the ministry at House of Hope Joplin. Prayer is essential to our success! We have a prayer team that meets twice per month. To become a part of this important ministry, please contact us at (417) 624-4833 or email us.
Click here to download a prayer reminder card that you can print and place in your Bible or somewhere to help you remember to pray.
You can share the ministry of House of Hope Joplin with the people in your life. When you share the heart and life-changing mission of HOH, you can make a difference in our community.
Commonly Asked Questions
- Do you receive money from the state or federal government? No. We do not accept any money from local, state, or federal government agencies. More than 80% of our income comes from individual donors and churches in the community
- Is my gift to HOH tax deductible? House of Hope Joplin is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We are Christian based but are not affiliated with any one denomination or church. All donations (financial, non-cash, or time) are tax-deductible.
- At what level do you accept monthly pledges? Having supporters who make monthly donations that we can rely on is one of our most urgent needs. We can also set up a monthly draft straight from your checking account to relieve you of the hassle of writing a check every month. You can become a monthly donor at any monetary amount.
- Can I make a Memorial or Honorarium Gift?
Yes. We send out memorial or honorarium cards to the person or family you would like to recognize. We also list these gifts in our newsletters.
- Can I remain anonymous as a donor?
We respect our donors privacy and will not list your name in our publications at your request. Simply write annonymous on your donation card. Please keep in mind that it helps us to recruit more donors if we can list our donors names as a testament to the people who believe in the mission of House of Hope and join us as financial supporters.